The Sunrise Campground provides a set of rules and regulations to ensure that all campers have the most pleasant experience while staying at the campground. The following rules apply to all campers and violation of the rules may subject the camper to immediate removal from the campground.
- All vehicles entering the campground must stop & register at the office before proceeding to a campsite. (Visitor parking is available outside of the Campground).
- All campers must be checked in and parked by 10:00 PM. Check out time is 1:00 PM.
- All vehicles assigned to your site must be fully on the site and not on grassy areas or parked on streets in the campground.
- Weekend stays require a minimum stay of two (2) nights, which are Friday and Saturday night.
- Holiday weekends require a minimum of three (3) nights stay.
- No refunds for early departures after check-in.
- One (1) tent per site is allowed and must be paid for.
- Quiet time is from 11:00 PM to 8:00 AM. Children should be at their campsite by 10 PM or accompanied by an adult.
- For all roads within the campground, the speed limit is a posted five (5) mph. Please drive carefully and watch for children and pedestrians.
- Parents must accompany small children when using restroom facilities.
- Motorized scooters (except those for ADA accessibility) and kids battery powered vehicles are not allowed inside the campground for safety purposes.
- We recommend no bicycle riding after sunset in the campground.
- All pets must be on a leash at all times. A designated pet area is provided; please use this area and clean up after your pet. Electric fences and electronic collars are not sufficient means of leashing.
- Help us keep Sunrise Campground clean by placing all garbage in provided dumpsters.
- Smoking is not allowed in any campground building.
- Report to campground staff any irregularities or disturbances that you observe.
- Sunrise Campground does not allow commercial selling or solicitation within the campground facilities. Solicitation or peddling within the city limits of Storm Lake requires a permit. For more information contact the City at 712-732-8000.
- Please drink responsibly and keep your consumption limited to your campsite.
- Keg beer is not allowed within the Storm Lake Park System.
- A fish cleaning station is provided for your use. Please limit your fish cleaning to the designated area only.
- Campfires are allowed only when contained within fire rings. Please, no burning of garbage per City Ordinance #7-2-1.
- Do NOT move the fire rings.
- Sunrise Campground and the City of Storm Lake are not responsible for personal items that are lost or stolen. Please make sure you have secured your personal belongings.
- Washing of campers and vehicles using campground facilities is strictly prohibited.
- All rugs must be pulled up after 3 days to try and maintain the growth of the grass.
- Swimming pools are not allowed in the campground.
- CHECK IN/CHECK OUT LATE POLICY - There will be an additional fee for late check in and checkouts. It will be at the discretion of the campground attendant to determine if the camper will be checked in and parked after 10:00 pm.
The City of Storm Lake staff reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.