PROCLAMATION TO DESIGNATE AND CONTINUE WATER CONSERVATION MEASURES FOR USERS OF THE STORM LAKE WATER SYSTEM
WHEREAS, During and following drought conditions which may occur from time to time, the supply of water available to the Storm Lake Water Plant may become significantly and seriously depleted; and
WHEREAS, Continuing hot, dry weather is causing the supply of water to be insufficient to meet the customary and usual demand of water customers; and
WHEREAS, The City Council acknowledged through Resolution No. 06-R-2020-2021 adopted at the Council meeting on July 20, 2020 a public emergency water shortage existed and implemented water conservation methods as outlined in the Storm Lake Municipal Code; and
WHEREAS, Further, the City Council provided that as drought conditions may continue through October 2020, pursuant to Storm Lake Municipal Code Section 3-5-5, additional action necessary during this time may be taken by the Mayor or City Manager and issued through a Proclamation.
NOW, THEREFORE, IN CONSIDERATION OF THE FORGOING AND OTHER VALID CONCERNS, I, MICHAEL PORSCH, MAYOR OF THE CITY OF STORM LAKE, PROCLAIM THE FOLLOWING:
Water Conservation Measures
• Watering of Lawns & Trees for both Residential and Business:
? Even-numbered addresses water on Sundays, Wednesdays and Fridays
? Odd-numbered addresses water on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturday
? Watering should only occur between 5:00 AM to 9:00 AM
• Additionally, no washing of boats or vehicles in driveways and no power washing of houses.
• Watering of Gardens and Flowers only between the hours of 5:00-9:00 AM.
• Exceptions will be allowed for new seedings and sod. Also, an exception for watering the golf course greens as needed.
• Golf course fairways can be watered from 2:00 AM to 6:00 AM
• Allowing water to be wasted by running off down a street is prohibited.
PROCLAIMED THIS 12th DAY OF AUGUST 2020 BY THE AUTHORITY VESTED IN ME BY THE CODE OF IOWA AND THE CITY OF STORM LAKE MUNICIPAL CODE:
Michael Porsch, Mayor
Mayra A. Martinez, City Clerk