The Cross Country ski trails built and maintained for the public's use and enjoyment by the City of Storm Lake Parks Department. Weather permitting the Parks Department will groom a ski trail through the Sunrise Pointe Golf Course and Sunrise Pointe Campground area. For more information contact the parks department, 712-732-8029 or City Hall 712-732-8000 or email
For your safety and the convenience of all, please follow these rules:
- Do not ski on or across the golf course greens.
- Skiers use the trails at their own risk. The City of Storm Lake is not responsible for accidents, injuries, and/or damage to equipment.
- No snowmobiles or motorized equipment on trails or inside golf course area.
- Snowshoe users should stay off of groomed trails.
- Snowboards and pets are not allowed on any trails.
- Slower skiers should give way to passing skiers.
Emergencies & Vandalism
- For emergencies, call the BV County Communications Center:
- non-life threatening: 712-749-2525
- Life threatening: 911
- Please report safety hazards, vandalism, or damaged facilities to the Storm Lake Parks Dept. at 712-732-8029 or 712-732-8000.
Things to Remember
- Skiers are encouraged to warm up before going on the trails.
- If you are skiing alone, let someone know where you are going and when you expect to return.
- Most of all, have fun!
Ski Trail Map
Storm Lake Cross Country Ski Map