Adopt a Storm Water Structure
The City of Storm Lake Invites YOU to help Beautify Storm Lake
Volunteers who may adopt the structures include businesses, individuals, families, civic groups, churches and other groups. Sponsors agree to maintain the adopted storm water structure over a 12 month period.
HOW TO SPONSOR A STORM WATER STRUCTURE
Start by completing the application, maintenance agreement and
program forms and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or deliver in person to City Hall, 620 Erie Street.
For more information call 712-732-8029.
What is the purpose?
Being Storm Lake Proud encourages public involvement in the enhancement of storm water structures in and around town. The Adopt-A-Storm-Water-Structure program is a volunteer-based activity where area volunteer groups “adopt” and maintain designated storm water structures. Being Storm Lake Proud is not one day, one week, one month, or one event. Being Storm Lake Proud is a magnificent lifestyle!
- The storm water structure should be adopted for a 12 month period.
- Adopters may be an individual or group. However, groups must identify y a single point of contact to work directly with City staff.
- Planting is restricted to only those areas assigned to the applicant or group
- Remove and dispose of litter and weeds.
- Notify City staff of hazardous conditions, problems, or concerns.
- Visit the site frequently to ensure a clean and healthy environment.
- Provide names of all individuals who will be working on the structure
- Monitor and adjust water requirements.
- Provide signage to acknowledge adoption if the adopter so desires.
- Contact the adopter or point of contact in the event City staff deems the planter to be neglected or unsightly.
- Winter/Spring preparation of the storm water structure
The Adopt a Storm Water Structure application and agreement shall contain the names of any individuals who would assist the structure sponsor in maintenance activities during the 12 month commitment. The structure sponsor must supply City staff with updated information should changes in contact information or volunteers occur. The adopter or adopting group is responsible for the safety and well-being of volunteers at all times.